Katrina Jackson is a science media professional currently located in the Washington, DC area. She has a background in science communication and space studies, and she wants to support the space and science industries through television and film.
Katrina’s near-term goals are to learn as much as she can about television and video production and development, become familiar with the industry, and meet some great science media producers. Her long-term goals are to work with science-related television shows and to eventually create her own fictional entertainment show set in a high school science club. She enjoys being both in front of and behind the camera.
- video production and editing
- learning about television development and production
- science communication; space outreach
- planetary science
- moons of the solar system
- history of astronomy, planetary science, and the space age
- the influence of entertainment media on interest in space
- performing arts (acting, singing, dancing, theatre, saxophone and piano)
- hiking, camping, scuba diving, various outdoor activities
- Harry Potter
- roller coasters and other fun things
Katrina proved to be responsible, showing initiative, great working ethics, reliable, creative, and not afraid to take a challenge or learn something new. She impressed me with how focused she is on her dream to have her own science TV show one day. Everything she does in terms of her work is definitely one step forward to achieving her dream.
Silvia StoyanovaPresident, Amika Studio; former NASA Goddard producer
We chose Katrina from dozens of other internship candidates because of her passion for science and her unique vision for sharing the results of our missions through popular media. … Katrina’s accomplishments in planetary and astronomical sciences coupled with her passion for media arts and performance are rare for someone at this stage of their career.
Katrina proved herself to be someone who takes initiative, who is persistent in reaching goals, who has very strong communication skills (including research, writing, and production), and who has a keen mind and eye. We came to think of her as our ‘buzz saw,’ someone who could be given a vague project idea and wish list only to have her turn it into an amazing finished package for review in a ridiculously short period of time.
- Awesome! An astronomer couple where the woman actually got more attention! 😄 https://t.co/fkf9NKcPdq (Screenshot fr… https://t.co/V9G0IM99MA 4 weeks ago
- Researching a different NGR photo, the info I've been able to find about this guy Bob Cameron has all been about be… https://t.co/ocUtzEmtuk 4 weeks ago
- @astVintageSpace Wow, this lady sounds pretty cool - https://t.co/33bMEa1sWL 4 weeks ago